Opportunities for Medical Student M4/Sub-Internship Electives
Thank you for your interest in an obstetrics and gynecology M4/Sub-Internship medical student elective specifically for a fourth year medical student for a period of four weeks; one week of obstetrics, one week of gynecology, one week of clinic, and one week of night float. Sub-specialty electives are available, schedule permitting, after successful completion of an obstetrics and gynecology elective at Aultman Hospital. M4/Sub-Internship medical students will work hours similar to a PGY-1 in accordance with ACGME Clinical and Educational Work Hours for a total of four weeks. Time off may be requested prior to start of elective. Our admissions team will first need to review and approve your application. At this time, limited electives are available to U.S. medical students and students from international medical schools with an affiliation agreement (American University of the Caribbean, Ross, and Saba).
2023-2024 No Electives: March, April, May, June or July
August = Full
September = Full
October = Full
November = Full
December = Full
January = Full
February = Full
Would you please:
- Complete online application www.surveymonkey.com/r/2023-2024M4
- Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email photo to email@example.com
- Email copy of USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1, 2 if available, to firstname.lastname@example.org
• USMLE: Step I = first time pass Step 2 CK = minimum 220 & first time pass Step 2 CS = first time pass
• COMLEX: Level 1 = first time pass Level 2 CE = minimum 500 & first time pass Level 2 PE = first time pass
If you have taken both USMLE and COMLEX, must meet minimum for both.
Our program will begin accepting applications for academic year 7/1/2024-6/30/2025 on March 1st, 2024. No electives are scheduled the month of July. Processing of applications will begin mid-April after our resident rotations and affiliated medical student core clerkships are scheduled and final. Our admissions team will need your complete application, three items above, for your application to be considered. Beth Kautz will be in contact with you via email late-April once at the point of scheduling M4/Sub-Internship electives.
If your application receives approval, Medical Education will need following:
- Proof of malpractice coverage by your medical school
- Letter from your medical school stating you are a medical student in good standing who has approval for this elective
- Health record
If residency program coordinator does not receive your CV and scores within thirty days from date of your online application, your request will be disregarded.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does program offer observerships, shadowing, attendance at grand rounds or didactics?
Due to maximum number of learners, this can't be offered.
Does program offer two week electives?
We only offer four week electives.
Does an M4/Sub-Internship elective guarantee an interview will be offered?
To be eligible for invitation to interview, must meet all score requirements listed above.